At some point in our lives, we have all had to write a letter of complaint. More often than not, letters written out of anger were not handled to our satisfaction. It is surprising what you can get done by just being professional and polite. However, when you are angry choosing the right words to say is easier said than done. By using the free, easy-to-use, formal letter of complaint template available on our site your letter will sound professional and will be taken more seriously.
How to Use the Formal Letter of Complaint Template
- After you have downloaded the free formal letter of complaint template, fill in the customizable areas available. First, make sure you put your name, address, phone number, email address and date in the top left corner.
- Next, put the recipient’s name and information in the second customizable box. Look on the company’s website to find the name of the customer service manager you are sending the complaint to. Address your letter to the same person.
- You will then go through the body of the letter and change the different boxes that need to customized with the recipient’s information again, including the product/service that you are complaining about, to make the letter more personal.
- Add your name at the bottom, after the closing, and make sure to sign it after you have printed out your customized formal letter of complaint template.
Tips for Using the Formal Letter of Complaint Template
- Make sure you date the letter. The date a formal complaint letter is written could make a difference in the outcome of the complaint.
- You may want to add a specific line in the body of the letter to be more specific about your complaint.
- Make clear exactly what you expect to be done to resolve your complaint.
- Include copies of any documents you may have concerning your complaint with your formal letter of complaint.
Companies receive formal letters of complaint every day. You want yours to stand out. When you sound professional people are more inclined to sympathize with your problem and will be more likely to resolve the problem. By using this formal letter of complaint template we guarantee your letter will look and sound professional
Download: Formal Letter of Complaint Template
- Formal Business Letter Template
- Complaint Letter Template
- Standard Business Letter Template
- Business Letter Template
- Reference Letter Template
View this offer while you wait!