Most people these days have stopped using the old style of keeping a paper check register and instead are using an electronic check register to keep up with the money in their checking accounts. If you are looking to do the same thing then the free check register template available on this page is what you can use. The template can be downloaded and used as you wish. You will be able to keep track of payments, purchases made, deposits, and interest earned on your checking account. It is easy to use and customize. It’s compatible with Microsoft Excel 2010.
How to Use the Free Check Register Template
- Download the free check register template to your computer and save it in a folder of your choice or direct to the desktop for quicker access to the file.
- Locate the file and open it so you can start editing the text fields as you see fit. The main page comes with sample entries and you can delete or leave them, and update with your own financial figures.
- The template includes a page with full instructions on how to use it with your details for best results, and a full sample sheet with various financial amounts common to what other people enter.
- You will also see a pie chart on the sheet that can be useful for visually seeing a breakdown of how money is spent. Also, you will not have to worry about entering a balance – it does it for you.
Tips for Using the Free Check Register Template
- You can easily add or delete rows in the free check register template. Shading of the tables is also easy to alternate so you can understand it better. Choose to alternate it with colors you can identify with for each category.
- Anytime you do not have access to the saved file just remember to jot it down. As soon as you have a chance, enter it on the sheet, and the details will be updated with the new balance.
This free check register template is a useful and inexpensive way to keep track of the money in your checking account. Download it and start using it today.
Download: Free Check Register Template