In today’s economy, budgeting is essential for the success of any business. In order for budgeting to be truly effective though, there must be some kind of way to keep track of your expenses – that’s where our Marketing Budget Template comes in. Microsoft’s free Marketing Budget Template was designed to be easy to use and customizable to suit your business.
How to Use the Marketing Budget Template
- Not only is this Marketing Budget Template free, easy to use, and available right here, it can also be customized for your business.
- Each row will be for one of your expenses, and you can add as many rows as you need. The columns are designed to help you keep track of how much money you have available for that particular expense, as well as how much you’ve actually spent on it.
- Once you have the rows filled in with all your expenses, you just input your budget amount and track all your spending on it.
- This spreadsheet is designed to calculate your expenses for you, allowing you to make sure you don’t go beyond your budget.
Tips for Using the Marketing Budget Template
- When using the Marketing Budget Template, you want to be sure to have a list of all your department’s expenses. You also want to be sure to know your budget for each of your expenses, as well as your overall budget for the department.
- One of the keys to making this template work for you is to be sure to update it constantly. Each time you have an expense, you want to add it to avoid forgetting about it and possibly going over your budget.
- If a new expense comes up in your department, you want to add it to the list to keep track of it as well.
- The spreadsheet will calculate the difference between what you’ve spent and your total budget. You’ll want to pay attention to that for each of the expenses listed, as well as for the sum of your total expenses.
- This template is free and easy to use, download it now and start customizing it to suit the needs of your business.
Download: Marketing Budget Template