Cursive writing is a learned skill that is fading fast in this modern society, which is keyboard happy now that computers have made it into the mainstream classroom. But, the appeal of cursive writing is not lost, these cursive handwriting worksheets can be used by a person of any age to learn how to perfect this handwriting skill. Scientific brain imaging studies have shown that more areas of the brain are stimulated for use during the learning and practicing of cursive writing than with the learning of keyboarding; and when subjects are writing those letters within a meaningful context, the results are even more compelling. During the process of learning to write in cursive, the brain has to multitask, which leads to cognitive development.
How to Use the Cursive Handwriting Worksheets
These cursive handwriting worksheets are free to download right from this page. The worksheets can be customized to fit any size paper. So the template can be used to allow students to practice individual letters/words on longer sheets of paper or to write a formal message on a custom sheet of paper. The templates include several lines for writing with dotted middle and descender lines. The dotted middle and descender line makes this template easy for students practice lower case and upper case letters. They will know exactly where to start and where to stop with each letter being formed; which will improve their sensory awareness of holding the pencil and exerting control over it.
Tips for Using the Cursive Handwriting Worksheets
- These worksheets are a great resource for homeschooling parents. They are structured pages, so the child can take his/her time and learn the letters at their own pace. Parents can laminate a sheet onto card stock and make it reusable.
- The template can be used to give structure to a child’s writing on arts and crafts projects or handmade gifts.
- Studies have proven that writing things down on paper helps to improve memorization. These cursive handwriting worksheets are great for helping children learn to memorize vocabulary or spelling words as they practice their handwriting.
Download: Cursive Handwriting Worksheets
- Handwriting Worksheets
- Handwriting Practice Worksheets
- Handwriting Template for Kids
- Printable Handwriting Worksheets
- Handwriting Worksheets for Kids
View this offer while you wait!